Tuesday 7 February 2012

It's a New Day

Today was a good day. I rocked my exam, when I came home, my laundry was done, the floors were washed the dog was walked and the kids were happy and playing. God I love Mom's. Well Dad's too...he kept the kids occupied and took the dog for a walk. Seriously, what on earth would we do without parents? It's better then Christmas when they do that for me. Now all I have to worry about is dinner and bedtime. Awesome!

I did my first Zumba class last night. I've been feeling like a real bag of ass lately. Everything hurts. My knees, my back, my shoulders, my sciatica keeps acting up. I've been seeing my Chiropractor twice a week for a few weeks now cause I just can't get things under control. It's pathetic really that my body feels like it's falling apart and I'm only 28! So enough is enough. I decided it's time to get serious about being healthy and getting some of this weight off me. Time to give my poor spine a break. I've made a plan (cause if we fail to plan we plan to fail!) with a little help from my cousin who has managed to take the weight off and keep it off, that it's about small changes and building on them. So for the next 3 weeks it's all about exercise. Zumba on Monday nights and then I have an at home exercise program called Power 90 that I downloaded. I'm modifying it to fit my needs, but I think it should be do-able. The owner of the studio where I'm doing Zumba recommended a certain Yoga class to help me with my 'condition' (ie: fat, out of shape with low back, pelvis and hip problems!!), so I'd like to give that a try at some point. After the 3 weeks then I'll look at changing something else for a specific period of time. My cousin made the very good point of it's just too hard to wake up one day and say 'That's it. I'm done with all my bad habits. I'm going to do everything right from here on out'.

Today is a new day. I feel good things are coming and I'm just going to role with it. Oh, and don't judge me if I fall off the wagon here and there...this declaration in blog form is a lot of pressure! I'll keep you all posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment